Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lexington Chocolate Lovers Festival

My Chocolate Lemon Bars
Lexington has an annual Chocolate Lover's Festival. Lauren and I submitted entries to the chocolate desserts contest. I altered a recipe for lemon bars by adding chocolate powder to the crust and drizzling chocolate on top. Lauren made Clementine Chocolates (a friend's recipe, with permission). Both were really yummy! I really thought that Lauren would win. Her presentation far exceeded the other entries, but the judge only took a teeny tiny little piece of the candied skin and chocolate top and didn't even taste the filling. Although neither of us won we enjoyed the process.

Lauren's Chocolate Clementines


Thomas and Pierce participated in a Fear Factor competition. Fortunately, they did the physical challenges because the eating competition got messy--chocolate doesn't make everything good.

We also enjoyed looking around at the homemade soaps and eating chocolate. It was an all-around good time.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those look so yummy! Could I get the recipe? Miss You Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have stayed for the festival.
    Chocolate talks to me constantly saying "eat me, eat me". Your entrys looked yummy (Lauren, yours looks elegant). Sounds like you all had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah,

    I got the recipe from a friend who is wanting to become a chef. The oranges took a couple days to make, because the process is very exact and time consuming. I think that he would like to keep the recipe secret.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete